Grilled Cheese and Tomato soup is a staple in my home. I eat it at least once a week! It’s more than a comfort food it’s my feel good quick and easy go to meal. I always use the can tomato soup to save time…and money. You can do a lot with the simplest of things.
*soup makes about 4-5 servings
- 1 Family Size Can of Tomato Soup
- 2 Tablespoons Oregano
- 1 ½ Tablespoons Garlic Powder
- 1 ½ Tablespoons Crushed Red Peppers
- ¾ Cup Milk
- Salt and Pepper
- Texas Toast Bread
- Parmesan Cheese
- American Cheese Slices
- Begin by placing your soup, oregano, garlic powder, milk, crushed red peppers, and salt and pepper into a pot and set on medium.
- Mix well and allow to simmer for about 15 minutes.
- While soup is simmering, take two slices of bread and butter one side of both pieces.
- On the side of the bread that’s buttered, sprinkle some parmesan cheese and oregano.
- In a heated pan, place on of the pieces of bread, buttered side down and then place two slices of cheese on top of it. Sprinkle a bit more oregano and parmesan cheese on the top and then put the last slice of bread, buttered side up, on top.
- Allow to cook on the one side for about a minute (be sure to lift up the edge and check to see if it’s golden brown, all stoves cook differently). Once the first side is finished, flip it and allow it to become golden brown on the other side.
- Remove both sandwich and soup from stove and enjoy!