I know it’s winter so don’t hurt me when I say….this is the best time to eat Ice Cream. With my birthday coming up in a few weeks I am thinking an ice cream cake may be in order. Instead of buying one make your own and have something different at your next party! This will also look good on your Christmas dinner table….I’m just saying…….
- 1 Colored Cake Mix (I used red)
- ¼ Gallon Ice Cream
- Extras such as Oreos, fudge, candy, etc.
- To begin, place your ice cream on the counter to begin thawing a bit, you will need it soft to spread it on in layers.
- Mix cake batter according to the box’s directions. Grease the inside of a loaf pan and pour your batter in. Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes or until cake is fully cooked.
- Remove cake from oven and place in fridge for about half an hour to cool.
- Once your cake is cool, remove the entire thing carefully from the pan. Using a sharp knife, cut the cake long ways into 3 separate pieces. Cake can be easy to break apart so do this gently.
- Lay the bottom layer back in the pan and spoon some ice cream on top and smooth it out, it won’t be perfect and that’s ok.
- If you have anything such as candy or fudge, sprinkle this over the top of the ice cream.
- Repeat steps 5-6 for the remaining layers. However, when you put the top cake layer on, just drizzle something over the top if desired. I used chocolate syrup.
- Place back in freezer until frozen.
Note: If you would like to make the cake even more customized, add something to the batter such as chocolate chips, etc. before cooking it.