Owning a small business is hard enough……try adding taking care of a household, kids, and your health. Things can be tough! I know that I don’t eat right or exercise properly because I have deadlines to meet and sometimes I have a donut for breakfast and other times I fall asleep on my couch because I am to tired to climb the stairs. Healthcare should be your number one priority because if you aren’t healthy how will you take care of your family and run your business? For the New Year I plan on working on a few things to get back to a healthy stage.
- I plan on drinking more water – Instead of drinking soda at my desk I will opt for water. Even if I have to put fruit in my water bottle (because I can’t stand water alone) I will do so. This helps me make a conscious effort to begin my journey to good health
- Going to bed early– I was getting into bed at 2am most nights and waking up at 5:30 to take the kids to school them back to bed at 8 for two hours and then I got up and did some work before time to pick them up. That is not a healthy sleep pattern. So to get ready for the New Year I am going to bed no later than 12am at night. Even if I don’t fall asleep I am in bed at 12 every night!
- Making meals ahead – I rip and run with kids daily so I want to make sure that don’t eat out as much. I plan on making freezer meals ahead of time so that I can throw it in a oven or crockpot and eat a healthier meal at home
- Engage in self care – Do something that calms me daily. I want to engage in quiet time for at least 15 minutes a day and do something I enjoy. For me that’s photography
- Move more – My job requires me to sit behind a computer on a daily basis so I want to make sure I get up and move around more. If that means I walk in my neighborhood twice a week I do that. If that means park further away from the front doors when I shop…I will do that.
While doing all the above is great, things can still happen….and UnitedHealthCare is the easiest way to make sure you are covered for those just in case moments. I am a firm believer in always having a backup plan. It’s a must and in today’s world things can always come up and health shouldn’t be one of the things you have to worry about especially if you own a small business. Health plays a critical role in small businesses because if we aren’t healthy as the CEO or owner….how will we pay our bills and how will we pay the bills of others. You know what they say if the captin of the ship goes down….we all go down! UnitedHealthCare has an easy system that you can use because we need easy….our jobs as business owners are already hard…….so in a few easy steps we can get coverage online without having to do paperwork. We hate paperwork…or at least I do!
Select your Benefits, Tell us Who you’re insuring, and set your budget. You get real prices not estimates and not what it might be. This helps you budget better and know what you are getting into!
- Press the Orange Get started button and then you will prompted to put in your Zip Code. Don’t be alarmed if your zip code doesn’t work as it’s only offered in 15 states at the moment but make sure you continue to check as they add more states in 2017. This tool is offered to small businesses with 2-50 employees
- Next select the option that you want for your employees. You can determine this based upon various factors including the main one….COST.
- Once you select your plans, your employees will be able to choose which ones are best for them. Employees’ plan choices will be from plans you choose here. They can customize their health plan coverage to fit their needs based on what you offer them whether it be high premium / low deductible, differing pharmacy coverage, etc. Once you confirm your employee information, UnitedHealthcare updates your pricing with real costs, not just estimates.
- You can create an account now to save your progress and come back later. Or continue through the process without an account Fill out some basic employee information to help calculate costs or you can upload employee information by importing from QuickBooks, an Excel spreadsheet or Xero
- Set your budget or contribution in dollars per employee or average percent contribution. These options are based upon the state your business is located
- Once you set your budget or contribution level, UnitedHealthcare gives you a breakdown with real pricing so you know exactly what your costs are and what the range of costs are for your employees. If you’d like to make changes, you can go back and adjust your budget or contribution
- After creating an account you can review your total benefits package. This includes the costs, plan choices and how your premiums breakout for employees and employer. Once you set your budget / contribution and confirm your plan choices, you will be asked to create an account to continue the process. This way you can always come back and easily access your account.
If you ever need assistance at any time there are links throughout the process to help you and you can also Contact a Coverage Advisor buy using the button at the top right corn of the webpage.
This makes everything so easy and convenient not only for you but for your employees. If my employees are healthy and happy then my business runs like a well oiled machine and everyone wins! As a business owner….I like to win!
We also have a prize for you just for reading about the all new Small Business Health plans. You can enter to win below. All you have to do is visit the website using this link and share our post via social media.
I received compensation in exchange for writing this review. All opinions are my own!