This year my word of the year is NEW. So with that being said my kids and I are starting to visit new places to eat. I am quite frankly tired of the same ole places we always visit so I thought it was high time we went somewhere we haven’t been. A few weeks ago we ventured into Marlow’s Tavern here in Atlanta. We went to the one in Gwinnett since I had to get my car serviced over there. When I visit a new place I always look at the stars and reviews first online. I like to know what people have to say before I venture in. I make my determination based on the comments. Then I go to the establishment and I make sure I look at the score. If its above a 90 we eat if it’s below….well I’m out lol.
This is why I picked this place to eat
- They had a heated area outside and my kids and I love eating out doors especially on days where the weather isn’t good but we still want to see some action. This also helps with my sons allergies as sometimes we can’t eat outside. This place had a cover to eat under so while it looked like we were outside we actually weren’t and that was good for my son
- I loved the website. Since I use to do website and I still do a little branding I thought that the website was a nice draw to who and what this company was all about
- I saw a lot of people comment on their parmesan fries….I love fries and if the simple things are the best at a restaurant then you know its a hit
- It was family friendly and they had a kids menu…I have to take my kids with me a lot these days so a place with kids menus is a must
- I loved the open kitchen appeal (at least to the one I went to) when I can see my food being prepared I am happiest
So what did we have and how much did we spend?
Let’s break it down. I ordered an appetizer the shrimp and lobster nachos. I love nachos but……there is a but
it was way to hot. I know from the jalapeños it would be but my gawd. I was supposed to be on a no sweet tea binge for lent but I had to drown in my sons arnold palmer because I had soda and I needed my mouth to cool down. If you like it hot….then this is it.
I ordered my kids one burger that they could split because they were complaining of not knowing what to order and what if it didn’t taste good and then they would have pissed me off if they didn’t eat the food and I wasted money.
My kids didn’t like the fries but I did. They did eat the burger and said that was good but that Five Guys was better……I didn’t taste the burger so I don’t know but the fries was the bomb.com
I ordered a salad that was pretty decent and my kids ate some of that to since I only got one burger for the both of them. Overall on a scale of 1-10 I would give this place a 8 only because I do have to take my kids thoughts into consideration because we eat burgers a lot and because that salad although was good it wasn’t the best. In total I spent $44.90 that included a cobb salad, adult double cheeseburger, drinks, and the appetizer of the nachos.
So have you tried Marlow’s Tavern? How do you pick out a new place to eat in your neighborhood? Stay tuned for more restaurant visits around here!