What happens when Cirque Du Soleil and Mexico collide…..you get Luzia! Last week I had the pleasure of catching one of their latest shows Luzia. I have been to two Cirque Du Soleil one in Orlando and one here in Atlanta I loved both. I am never disappointed when I go. You will always get a laugh and you will always get a show. If you have never been to one of these I would suggest you go. It’s like a grown up circus for adults without the animals and it tells a story like a movie. Let me tell you a little about Luzia and then I will tell you some details about my night.
Through a series of grand visual surprises and breathtaking acrobatic performances, LUZIA takes audiences on a surrealistic journey filled with wonders, playfulness and striking artistry. Smoothly passing from an old movie set to the ocean to a smoky dance hall or an arid desert, LUZIA cleverly brings to the stage multiple places, faces and sounds of Mexico taken from both tradition and modernity. Rich in awe-inspiring moments, LUZIA enchants by incorporating rain into acrobatic and artistic scenes – a first for a Cirque du Soleil touring production.
With mesmerizing and refreshing acrobatic performances, LUZIA brings traditional and contemporary circus disciplines to a whole new level. Cyr Wheel artists perform the unprecedented feat of rolling and spinning under the rain, while an aerialist suspended from a Trapeze flies and twirls through pouring showers. Hoop Diving is taken onto gigantic treadmills, expanding exponentially the speed and amount of daring leaps executed. Jaw-dropping highlights include a Guinness World Record holder juggling seven pins at breakneck speeds, a male contortionist skillfully twisting his body in the world’s most unimaginable positions, a powerful Aerial Straps specialist defying the laws of gravity at the center of cenote (natural sinkhole), and two football (soccer) freestylers deftly mixing street dance with mind-blowing ball manipulations.
Here are some details
- Arrive on time because they start on time. The show started at 8 and they started at 8:02 on the dot. You have to be seated when it starts. The show is about 2 hours including the intermission
- Park in the purple section on the bottom level in Atlanta station the parking cost me 6 bucks for entire time I was parked (catch a lyft or uber to save on time)
- Wear walking shoes I know you may want to look cute but…..if you can stand it do it but I would prefer walking shoes
- They do not allow flash but you can use your phone while the show is going on. My suggestion take a few photos and put the phone up so that you can enjoy every second of it
- Your heart will stop a few times because of some of the tricks they do. They did mess up on a few but I loved how they went back and redid it again until they got it to perfection
- There are no bad seats! You can see the entire show from where you are sitting very well and I like that they move the stage around
My favorite moments from the show was the Conrtorsionist
The football or what we would call the soccer moments
Without the audience there is no show……you can apply that to blogging and to business. Without someone reading there is no blog and without someone buying there is no business
There was much more to the show that what are in these clips so I suggest you go and see for yourself. If you are in the Atlanta area I would suggest you go
Dates: September 14 – November 19, 2017
Location: Atlantic Station – under the white and yellow tent
Admission: Tickets start at $35
Performance times: LUZIA is performed nightly Tuesday – Saturday at 8:00PM. Friday and Saturday also include matinees at 4:30PM, Sundays at 1:30 and 5:00PM. The show is dark on Mondays and select Tuesdays
Here are some photos from my night
It is safe for kids BTW and would make a great date night for you and your significant other or for a girls night out,
I received tickets in exchange for this review nothing monetary was exchanged. All opinions are my own