I know all of us are accustomed to busy lifestyles. That’s just the norm these days for the average person. The other norm is being broke or having little leftover funds wise to do anything special very often. Often times, this doesn’t matter because if any of us get time for a day off, most of us just want to veg in front of the TV and be lazy all day. At least, I know that’s what my friends and I like to do. So, whether you’re short on funds or just don’t want to go out, here are a few tips to a successful date at home.
- Break out of the norm. It’s easy to get into the rut of the same old games, the same old movies, etc. Set something like a new movie or game aside for a date night so that you have something new to experience. The worst enemy of a good date is doing the same old thing which can get boring and be very unexciting.
- Don’t be afraid to go all out. Often times when you hear a date night at home, people think simple or uneventful. That’s just a common misconception. Even if you don’t have a ton of money, that’s doesn’t mean the night can’t be big and exciting. You don’t have to sit down and watch a movie. Be kids again, build a blanket fort, play nerf guns with each other, whatever you want! Break out of the box!
- Be spontaneous. Sometimes not setting plans for the date makes it less stressful. Just prepare for the date as the date is happening. Making it random can add an air of mystery and excitement.
- Prepare mentally. If you’re cranky coming home from work or after dealing with kids all day, prepare yourself to put that aside and make the night relaxed. Stress and worry will always be there but there’s no reason to let it ruin your date night.
- Set the mood. If you’re going for a romantic night, set the mood. Light some candles, put on some music, whatever does it for you. Use it as a time to just bond. If you want a fun and exciting/playful environment, put on some upbeat tunes and set the lighting and such to reflect that. It’s amazing what the environment can do to aid in moods.
- Put the phones down. I admit that I’m addicted to my phone but specifically for business. Most people are on their phones a lot because phones cover a lot of tasks other than just communication for us. However, don’t let the outside world creep in on the night. Forget the phones and have your own little world.
- Surprise each other. Bring home something they’ve always wanted or do something they’ve always asked for. Any little special thing like that will make the date night successful right off the bat.
- Just be lazy. If you’re both super tired and literally just want a day where you do nothing. Find a show you’ve always wanted to watch together and binge watch it. But first, go to the dollar store and load up on a bunch of junk food and set it up all around you. That way you don’t have to move unless you have to go to the bathroom. It’s inexpensive but feels super fun and irresponsible.
Date nights at home don’t have to be boring or the same old thing. Follow some of these tips and you just might prefer to stay home from now on.