It’s time for my talk…if you don’t agree it’s okay just be respectful of all comments and my views. Leave your say in the comment section! Let’s talk……
- I now have a 2nd grader and a 5th grader. I am so proud of my kids. I know I talk shat about them often but they did their thing this year. My son had all A’s the first semester but when his dad died his grades dropped. I worked with the counselors and his teachers to make sure he stayed on track. His grades did drop in History and Reading but he managed to pull an A out of the rest of the subjects. I am proud of both of my kids buy my son took the hubs death the hardest and for him to still turn around and make A’s and B’s despite the circumstances…..he gets a standing ovation from me.
- Angry Birds. The kids and I do two things on every Saturday. We do selfie Saturdays where we take a selfie with the three of us and then we do a movie night. We go in rotation where I pick a movie, then my daughter then my son and then back to me. Last Saturday my son had a early morning birthday party so after it rained on us and my hair got ruined I decided to take a time out and go to my room for the rest of the evening. I ended up falling asleep. I am so glad I have self sufficient kids because one minute I was looking at tv shows and the next it was 6pm (I went to sleep around 2 I think) So I made everyone jump in the shower and we got dressed. I took them to see a late show of Angry Birds. The movie was wack….I did not like it at all. My son was not impressed and asked to go into another movie. My daughter loved it but I thought it could have been done better. It stayed kind of true to the actual game which was good but the story line………boring. Still it was nice to take in a late movies with the kids that was fun!
- Sribd – I love to read! Because I had gotten so busy working and trying to play catch up these past few months I haven’t had time to pick up a book at all. Now that school is over and I have a little break I can now get back to one of my first loves….reading. I can get lost in a book. I use to get locked up in the library back in SC many times because I would find a corner and start reading a book until they closed the doors. Reading not only takes you to different places it teachers you so much about yourself as you take on different characters and settings in your mind. The libraries around me have weird hrs these days because no one uses the library that much anymore so I had to find a way to read books. ScribD allows me to do that. I love the platform and for less than $10 a month I can read until my heart is content. Make sure you check it out. It’s almost like the Netflix for reading.
- Don’t Miss Out! Join Our Newsletter For Exclusive roundups Delivered Straight To Your Inbox Each Week. Every Wed I have roundups just for you along with photos from my week, some life lessons, and ways for you to win free stuff. Make sure you join us every Wed or what I like to call Whump Day (Wed + Hum day)
- Lane Bryant is my new buddy. So I went into Lane Bryant the other day to look for a new bra. You see I have big ta tas and I wear a size H in cup sizes. Yeah…an H…didn’t even know that existed until I got measured. Anywhoo….Lane Bryant is one of the few stores that carry the cup size that I need. So I went in because one of my good bras is no longer good so I needed a new bra. One of my bras cost $50 and up….yeah it’s probably why I only where them out on special occasions. They had one bra that was my size in a bright turquoise color. I hated the color but it was better than white because I don’t do white bras. While I was waiting on the cashier I spotted some underwear on sale 5 for $35 so I decided to buy some because one can never have too many panties right? Well when I got home that night and put them on after my shower (I washed them first) I was in heaven. The fit the feel….the cotton the fabric……..oh sorry off topic. These panties fit me so good. I usually by the el cheapos from wally world and I have a few good panties from Macy’s but never have I had panties that fit me like these did. I went back in the next day and bought more. Why have I never bought underwear from them before…yeah it had me questioning things.
- Speaking of white bras….I truly hate when people wear white bras with white see through clothes. Please stop that. If you have on a sheer top please do not wear a white bra. It looks tacky. Get a back bra or brown, hell do purple if you need too but please don’t let me catch you wearing white and I can see the color of it through your clothes.
- This week I am reading up on some of my favorite blogs….Mimi is showing us how to style our back yards with Pier 1, Kenya takes us on her coffee outings and this time she has a guest, and Brenda talks about that dreaded shark week that we women have to go through.
- Stores are closing and it’s the internet’s fault. I hardly ever shop in stores even for myself. It’s too much of a hassle. I don’t like going into stores trying stuff on and then picking which outfit to purchase. I go online to the few stores that have my usual size. Put some stuff in the cart and keep it moving. My son needed some new pants since he can’t fit the size 14 ones I just bought him anymore (BTW he isn’t even 10 yrs old yet smdh) so I ventured into Old Navy I made him try on the 16 they fit great now I know what size he wears so I came home and shopped online for all of his clothes because honestly Old Navy didn’t have much of his size in the store. I am not a fashionista so shopping for clothes is not a favorite of mine but these stores are closing left and right leaving me wondering ….is online going to be the new new in a few years to where we will only see a brick in martar maybe miles or even hrs apart from each other.