Welcome to Talk Tuesday. Talk Tuesday is the place where I talk shat and you get to give your opinion. Please be respectful of everyone who comments because we all think differently.
- I spent way to much money in IKEA. So I love ikea I really do. They have the cutest things for cheap but those cute little things add up. I am in the process of moving to a new home and I am trying to decorate so it can feel like a home and not a junk yard so I ventured into Ikea with my decorator. (Yes I have one because I can’t decorate anything on my own I need help) My budget was $250……I needed dishes, pots, decorative bowls, pictures frames, cute vases (for the flowers I will probably kill), stuff to put in my kids bathrooms, etc. So when I got to the register my total came to $320 bucks……Luckily I had a gift card that I had gotten a while back that I never used so I used that, then I paid cash because I did something for a blog buddy and she slipped me a few dollars, then I paid the rest on my card. Oh did I mention I still put some stuff back…smh. Don’t you hate it when you go to the store with a budget and then go overboard. When you get to the checkout lane you are scrambling to figure out what to put back and what to keep ….holding up the line behind you. So I held up the line behind me for about 15 minutes….if you were behind me at the Ikea in Atlanta I am so so sorry.
2. Today is national Caramel day! I love some good ole fashion caramel…..good gawd! The popcorn is my favorite. I also love the little Debbie caramel cakes that you can rarely find. I will eat an entire box in one sitting. I also love the dollar caramel candy that the kids sell…you know the chocolate bars. Don’t come around me with them because I will buy the entire box. Name your favorite caramel goodie.
I love free shipping……it’s one of the reasons I will buy from a particular store. I have so many things in carts and then when I see how much the shipping is I am like nope won’t do it.
4. As I was driving the other day I saw that the KFC near me was doing some remodeling….I haven’t had KFC in over 8 years. My late husband was the manager at one when I met him. I use to get chicken for free. He would school me on how fresh the chicken was, when to eat the coleslaw, etc. He worked about 5 different KFC’s opening them up and helping to run them. I started going with him because of his connection to the free chicken…Anywhoo…KFC is trying to get back into the game. Sadly….I think they are done for. Popeyes and Publix chicken get my coins these days. If publix had a drive thru Popeyes wouldn’t even see me.
5. We all want to work from home….it’s great to have your own office hours, you can be there for the kids whenever, and you can dress how you want. Working from home isn’t easy though it takes discipline and a whole lot of effort to stay away from the kitchen for snacks. Here is a list of work at home jobs that I saw that may help some of you who want to work from home.
6. It’s Spring break time around here! Since I am in the process of moving I decided not to go anywhere and do a stay-cation right here in Atlanta. I have all these plans for taking the kids around town but when I get up in the mornings and sit my butt on that couch….I don’t want to move *cries* My son doesn’t care he just knows he gets to play with his xbox all week without having to put it up and my daughter just wants to play dolly all day long. I looked at some prices on taking the kids to Savannah for the weekend but the thought of that drive….yeah…my couch is looking good this week. What are your plans for Spring Break?