It’s that time of the year where we get rid of all the pumpkins and bring on the sweet potatoes. Of course we all love the pie (apple is more of a favorite with me) and the soufflé (which I did a few months ago) but let’s do something different for breakfast this weekend and bring on the pancakes! This is a simple and easy way to make your favorite this weekend. What’s your favorite pancake? What else can you make with sweet potatoes?
- 2 Small Sweet Potatoes
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tablespoon Cinnamon
- Olive Oil
- Peel and slice your sweet potatoes then cute them into small chunks.
- Place them in a pot of water and allow to boil until soft.
- Place potatoes in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- In a bowl, combine ¾ Cup of your sweet potatoes, the eggs, and cinnamon. Mix well.
- In a hot pan, place a bit of olive oil (butter makes them fall apart) and place about three spoonfuls of the batter. Be sure to flatten it a bit if it’s too thick. Make it even.
- Allow to cook until the one side is finished then flip and allow to cook on the opposite side. Each side should take about 2-4 minutes.