After Turkey Day next week, you will need to do something with all the Turkey meat that you will have left over (unless you have a huge family). I am here to save the day! Here is a great chowder you can use to make use of all the meat and it’s also a great way to change up your regular Thanksgiving meal if you want something different.
3 Cups Leftover Cooked Turkey
4 Yellow Onions
1 Can Sweet Corn
1 Can Cream of Corn
1 Can Sliced Carrots
1 ½ Cups Milk
1 ½ Cups Chicken Stock
2 Tablespoons Butter
1 Tablespoon Salt
1 Tablespoon Pepper
2 Teaspoons Thyme
- Begin by dicing your onion and potatoes.
- In a large soup pot, place your butter and diced onion. All to cook until onion is translucent.
- At this point, add everything else to the pot except your can of carrots. Bring to a boil then reduce and let simmer until potatoes are soft.
- Add your carrots and allow to simmer for a few more minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to sit for a few minutes before serving.