You don’t have to eat meatballs just with spaghetti. You can have it for a sub or by itself. I am a huge fan of the one you cook in the crockpot with jelly those are my favs and great for a party. Today we are taking it a step further with some leftover chicken. If you have leftovers and don’t want the same thing twice you can always take the meat and do something different with it the next day. Here is a great way to take leftover chicken and make it into something new.
- 1 Pound Leftover Chicken
- 4-5 Strawberries
- 1 Cup Chopped Asparagus
- ¾ Cup Bread Crumbs
- 3 Ounces Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Egg
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Place your chicken, asparagus, and strawberries in a food processor and blend until no large chunks are present.
- Place chicken mixture in a bowl and add your bread crumbs, egg, cheese, and salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Place your olive oil in a frying pan and let heat up on medium heat.
- Using your hands, form the chicken mixture into about 1-inch balls. Place in pan. Don’t crowd your pan.
- Constantly be rolling the balls because they will cook fast.
- Once even on all sides and cooked through, remove from pan and place on a napkin so the excess grease is caught.
Note: The great thing about these meatballs is the fact that you don’t have to use asparagus and strawberries if you don’t have them. Any other veggie you have on hand will work fine. This is your chance to use up leftovers!