I don’t get to attend conferences often because I am skeptical about spending money if I don’t know enough about the conference or I don’t know anyone personal that attended. I was fortunate to attend MogulCon here in Atlanta a few weeks ago and I am so glad I went. I learned a lot of new things that can help me reach my goals in the New Year! Growing up the one thing I said in my High school yearbook was that I would be CEO of a company one day….wasn’t thinking about my own company but I was thinking I wanted to run SHAT! I have always wanted to own my business and going to this conference was the key to know that I am following the right path. I learned so much that I can’t possibly give you all the juicy details on here. I will name a few things but if you want the real tea….you will have to sign up for my newsletter at the bottom of page! I will be nice however and give you some of what I learned. Let’s start with some key terms
QTIP – Quit taking it personal! We are running a business. If our friends don’t support us…don’t take it personal maybe they don’t like what we sell or maybe they know 50 other people that sell the same thing and they can’t possibly support all of you (I know over 50 people who sell the wrap thing…yes literally over 50 people). I have friends who have businesses who I am readily trying to help with knowledge and stuff but sometimes their businesses don’t resonate with me and that’s okay because I know my business may not resonate with them. I have friends who will hire a professional photographer and not hire me and that’s okay…I can’t take it personal.
NBA – NO BOYS ALLOWED! Sometimes we as women do so much we are wives, mothers, friends, etc. We need to take a moment to ourselves. Leave them babies with their dads and do us. I spent time with my husband but I also needed time for me and I took that time. My hubs didn’t like it a lot but hey……I needed at least two hours to myself daily and I took it by any means necessary.
One of the questions that was asked was what would you do if you weren’t afraid?
- Get rid of people – Sometimes we keep people around just because they did something nice for us…..let em go.
- Start a business – It’s tough being a business owner because others who don’t own a business won’t understand
- Tell someone how you feel – I have a huge problem with this because when I tell someone how I feel it usually ends up with us not talking anymore because I go off…I am working on how to tell people how I feel without going cray cray
- Get on a plane – this is one of my fears and I have had it before September 11th…..I have to face this fear
Dr Tiffany Payne was there and she gave a few tidbits
- Take care of you
- Get up in the morning and get still
- Stop making people into something they aren’t
- Take it by force. When it’s your time….take it
- Get your mindset ready. If you don’t know yourself you won’t go anywhere!
- Stop sleeping on your gift
The Media Mogul is where I will have to save for my newsletter….it was that good so make sure you sign up!
I met a Bro. Bedford…never heard of him but he was awesome! Here are his tidbits
- Build your email list
- Go to fiverr and find someone who can do what you need for the low low until you can get what you can get. Get yourself out there by any means
- Turn your expertise into a digital product
- Collaborate with other experts in your industry
- Get off Fakebook (Facebook) and convert people to your email list on your website
- Write 5 things down to solve a problem click on your aid…..talk about each problem in depth….sell the shat!
- Speak your book! Make the book conversational
I also learned from others about a variety of things
- Can’t buy your confidence…you can buy makeup, fake hair, etc but never your confidence
- Curate your content by talking about your experience and when you talk about your experience get to the point
- Come in the form of a different perspective
- look to be different. Sure you can do what someone else is doing but make it your own and make it different
- Prepare ahead of time for the call….if you stay ready you will never have to get ready
- make content mean what YOU think it should mean
- Learn the value of you
- Turn your tragedy into triump
One of the things that struck me was the Art of News Jacking!
Taking a current trend and jacking it for your brand! This will skyrocket you to a new level. If I didn’t get anything else from this conference it’s this……News Jacking is a beast!
This conference was all that and I can’t wait to tell you what else I learned. If you are a blogger or even a business owner the info I will give in my newsletter will be for you. What conferences have you attended that loved? What conferences should I attend in 2017?
I was given free tickets to attend this conference. Nothing monetary was exchanged. All opinions are my own!